[MPlayer-users] DVDNAV questions

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 10:57:02 CEST 2006

On 10/2/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>

> > Now comes more issues. Obviously your normal arrow keys aren't going
> > to work so I man mplayer. It tells me that the number keys are
> > mappped. Well I am on a laptop but I gave it a shot. Nothing. Console
> > reports the the keys are not mapped. I also read in a previous message
> > the hjkl keys were mapped as the arrows and m for menu and s for
> > select. Well those didn't work for the dvdnav either.
> >
> > Gmplayer doesn't have any options for dvdnav. Am I supposed to apply
> > the patch from http://dcxx.fw.hu/mplayer/ manually?
>
> no

So are there not supposed to be any options in gmplayer for dvdnav yet
(to use dvdnav in gmplayer do I have to launch it from the console)?

> > Also if I start
> > gmplayer from the console with gmplayer dvdnav:// I get this error
> >
> > INIT ERROR: 145698712, couldn't get init pos New position not yet
> > determined.
>

> unimportant

I should mention that this is a pop up error and not one displayed in
the console. Not sure if it is still unimportant, but it would be
nicer to not have to click the ok button before I can continue.

> > But then it continues to play the menu fine. But I have no mouse
> > function with dvdnav. I can still right click and get the menu but
> > that is the extent of it.
> >
> add mouse-movents=1 to ~/.mplayer/config

Tried this and it didn't seem to work, although I am no longer getting
dumps about no key binding for mouse button one.

> > Here is my gmplayer dvdnav:// console output:
> >
> > Cannot load bitmap font: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/Cyberbit.ttf
> > libpng warning: Incomplete compressed datastream in iCCP chunk
> > libpng warning: Profile size field missing from iCCP chunk
>
> I don't know what's that

I don't worry about it. I probably just need to recompile libpng, and
relink my font, but it doesn't cause any issues that I am aware of, so
I am staying lazy.

Any idea why it is displaying the menu screen in 4:3 mode? If I am in
gmplayer I can change the aspect to 16:9, but that is kind of a pain.
Also if I use mplayer dvdnav://1 it will play the movie in the correct
aspect ratio.

Thanks again for any help and for making the best video player for
both linux and windows.

Jeremy