[MPlayer-users] Convert NTSC to PAL for DVD [some feedback]

Hans du Plooy koffiejunkielistlurker at koffiejunkie.za.net
Tue Oct 3 10:58:32 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 17:12 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:
> So, is there a good way to change the mpeg stream inside the VOBs to
> PAL?  I've ripped the DVD with vobcopy -m, so I have the complete
> structure on my hard disc.  What I'm thinking is just re-encode each VOB
> and replacing the original ones with the new ones, and then burn it back
> to disc.

Just some feedback.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Re-encoding as per
your suggestions made the stream playable, but somehow the menu system
got messed up.  Also the jumpyness resulting from the framerate change
made it unpleasant to watch.

In the meantime the zone 2 PAL version of the box set has become
available here, so I wrote the first one off has schoolfees...

Thanks
Hans