[MPlayer-users] Skipping first video packet and video shown 1/4 problems with Quicktime/MOV files

Bill Yi bill.xyi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 19:27:41 CEST 2006

On 10/4/06, Andrew Savchenko <Bircoph at list.ru> wrote:

> On 4 Oct 2006, 20:30 Bill Yi wrote:

> > > You are using a *very* obsolete version of mplayer, please checkout
> > > for current svn revision.
> >
> > Thanks Andrew. Actually the latest version has the same problem, e.g.
> > MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2006.
>
> MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.4 is rather old too 8-). Please use Subversion
> instead and compile from sources, quotation from download page at
> mplayerhq.hu:
>
>       You can also get MPlayer via Subversion. Issue the following
>       command to get the latest sources:
>
>         svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer
>
>       A directory named mplayer will be created in the current
>       directory. You can later update your sources by typing
>
>         svn update
>
>       from within that directory.

Thanks Andrew again. I just checked/udpated out the Subversion using the
cmdlines you instructed and built a new mplayer. The problem persists.

$ svn update

Fetching external item into 'libavutil'
External at revision 6555.
Fetching external item into 'libavcodec'
External at revision 6555.
Fetching external item into 'libavformat'
External at revision 6555.
Fetching external item into 'libpostproc'
External at revision 6555.
At revision 20043.

bill