[MPlayer-users] Proper syntax to display to list length of all DVD titles

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Oct 9 23:08:44 CEST 2006

stattik wrote:
> Corey wrote,
>> Try using either:
>> -identify -v
>> (or)
>> -msglevel identify=5
>
>> Can you please point out where you read that in the documentation? It
>> may need to be corrected.
>
>> -Corey
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Both options gave the same results as the original.

I should have said '-msglevel identify=6'. Anyway, if that doesn't work,
please send the full output of mplayer.

I can't actually test the command myself until this evening (not enough
time on my lunch break to go home and pop a DVD in the drive).

> I found the documentation in question here:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/man/en/mplayer.1.html
>
> It's listed in the "-identify" description.

Ah. I think you just need to re-read that section; it says that the
length and ID are printed with '-msglevel identify=6'.

−identify
Shorthand for −msglevel identify=4. Show file parameters in an easily
parseable format. Also prints more detailed information about subtitle
and audio track languages and IDs. In some cases you can get more
information by using −msglevel identify=6. For example, for a DVD it
will list the time length of each title, as well as a disk ID. The
wrapper script TOOLS/midentify suppresses the other MPlayer output and
(hopefully) shellescapes the filenames.

-Corey