[MPlayer-users] mplayer in browser

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 05:40:59 CEST 2006

Edward Dunagin wrote:
> hello again kevin,
>
> On 10/10/06, Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Edward Dunagin wrote:
>>
>> > thanks..i am trying this but can't seem to get video. i get the window
>> > for mplayer, but no video....just sound.
>> >
>> > i put the .so files as follows:
>> >
>> > /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
>> >
>> > and the .xpt files in:
>> >
>> > /usr/lib/firefox/components
>> >
>> > Peace................ed
>>
>> Try setting the vo to x11 and then run the tests found on the
>> mplayerplug-in website.
>
> set it to x11...and ran the tests.
>
> test test.mov was fine.
>
> nothing on avi,,,no video or sound. in fact it would not come
> in..didnt download.
>
> test ..test.mpg got a video but no sound.
>
>> http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/testing.php
>
> wil it do any good to send the terminal printout?

Well you can take this discussion to the mplayerplug-in mailing lists,
but it sounds like your mplayer is not quite right. I would suggest
removing and reinstalling it, and make sure you have the essential codec
packages.

All of the test videos at the plugger site do work for me, with mplayer
and mplayerplug-in from livna on FC5 using a vo of x11 and an ao of esd.

Kevin