[MPlayer-users] mencoder on OSX introduces clicks into the audio upon resampling

Ivan Middleton ivan.middleton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 06:47:05 CEST 2006

I'm trying to debug a situation where I get differing outputs from mencoder
on OSX and Linux (latest svn for both).  I'm changing the framerate of a
video from 25 to 24, and hence  slowing down and resampling the audio.  On
OSX I get some annoying clicks in the audio, whereas on Linux I don't.

The weird thing is that if I first convert the audio to pcm using -ovc copy
-oac pcm, and then do the resampling, the clicks don't appear.  Obviously
this is a very inefficient way to work around the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ivan Middleton