[MPlayer-users] mplayer - Video output not working with directfb

ashish.mondal at wipro.com ashish.mondal at wipro.com
Wed Oct 11 08:48:59 CEST 2006

Hi,
  I am trying to run "MPlayer-1.opre8" to caputure the webcam output
and display it. I am using the following command:

"mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l:width=320:height=240:outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video0:noaudio -flip"

With X11 as the display, things work fine, and I get a window which displays the webcam output.

However, if I use directfb as the output driver, it is not displaying anything (I see a black screen). Command is:

"mplayer tv:// -tv driver=v4l:width=352:height=288:outfmt=rgb24:device=/dev/video0:noaudio -flip -vo directfb"

I also tried to run mplayer with mpg file as input and directfb as output driver, and got a blank screen.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?
PS: I have been able to run the Directfb examples.

Ashish

www.wipro.com