[MPlayer-users] A little Confusion does 64bit mplayer play wmv9?

tristan clarke clarkebro at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 12 02:49:36 CEST 2006

I'm running a 64bit and have stream that from looking at the output seems to
be playing wmv9 but with ffmpeg and not the the 32codecs.

Researching on the internet seems to bring up some confusion some posts
imply that 32codecs dont run on the 64bit some posts say that 32bit software
will run on 64bit could someone clarify this for me please.

As it doesn't seem to be using the 32bit codecs is the only way to install
the 32bit mplayer?

Requested video codec family [wmv9dmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Requested video codec family [wmvdmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
Enable it at compilation.
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
[wmv3 @ 0xcbfc90]Header: 4E491A01
Selected video codec: [ffwmv3] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg M$ WMV3/WMV9)

Regards
Stef