[MPlayer-users] Windows: absolute outdir in -vo jpeg

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Fri Oct 13 18:38:26 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:37, Marco Trudel wrote:
> Hello list
>
> How to specify absolute output directories on windows?
> E.g.: mplayer.exe -vo jpeg:outdir=C:/foobar movie.avi
>
> How to escape the ":" in the absolute path or how to work around that?

I believe cygwin supports /c/fubar.avi. If you need spaces in the filename,
you can probably backslash-escape them or put the whole argument between
double-quotes: -vo jpeg:outdir=/c/foobar\ movie.avi
or: -vo "jpeg:outdir=/c/foobar movie.avi"

Note that I am not a windows user, but this should work at least with
bash/cygwin and perhaps with cmd.exe, I don't know.

--Ivo