[MPlayer-users] PVR support

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Oct 20 17:41:12 CEST 2006

Steve Dibb wrote:

> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>>> Here's the recording profile I'm using .. if anyone wants to correct
>>> any errors that'd be great:
>>>
>>> [ivtv]
>>> tv=normid=10:device=/dev/video0:width=720:height=480
>>> pvr=abitrate=192:vbitrate=2200000:vpeak=2600000:fmt=dvd:aspect=1
>>> of=mpeg=1
>>> mpegopts=format=dvd
>>

>> those mpeg settings are completely unrelated
>

> How's that?  I tried hacking together the best way to dump straight to
> an MPEG, and that's the best I could come up with.
>
> What should I change?
>
> Steve

uhm, wait. Are you using mplayer or mencoder?
since ivtv already outputs mpegps you don't need to remux
to mpeg (with mencoder): just dump the stream and the output
will be an mpegps, unless Ben coded something really weird :)