[MPlayer-users] Problem Playing pcm24 audio with mplayerosx (Apple osx intel macbook pro)

Craig livingstonc at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 24 20:26:51 CEST 2006

I have come across a strange problem playing the "newedition-
coolitnow.24bit-lpcm.vob" sample file found at samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-
codecs/pcm24.

When played via the osx interface, video plays fine and the first 1/2
second of audio sounds fine, then the audio mutates into a loud
screeching noise.

However, both video and audio play fine when opened form the command
line (eliminating the xcode wrapper).  Here is the command and
console output that results in proper playback: