[MPlayer-users] New MPlayer "GUI" frontend

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 13:49:17 CEST 2006

> That depends on the packer of the rpms. Mine got installed in /usr/bin.
> But as Attila already pointed out: the right thing to do is looking in
> PATH for it. I will change that for the next version.

Yeah I guess it does depend on the rpm packer. Just an FYI if you
compile from source it will put it in /usr/local/bin unless you change
it.

Another thing to consider is adding configuration options, incase
mplayer isn't in $PATH (not likely, but I tend to think weird) to tell
the program where mplayer is located. (Could also be for people who do
not have access to install mplayer system wide so they keep it in
their home directory.)

One other suggestion (and this is more nitpicky than anything) but I
would suggest having the linux download in a tar.gz or the like
archive vs zip. Zip is typically related to windows where tar files
(.tgz .tar.bz2 .tar.gz) are related to linux.

Jeremy