[MPlayer-users] script control of playback

Morris Beverly morrisb at avpresentations.com
Wed Oct 25 17:17:27 CEST 2006

Does anyone have examples or pointers to articles on using scripts to
control playback in mplayer?

In particular, I'd like to find a way to start in paused mode at a
particular frame or time and, once started in playback, pause on a
particular frame or time.

Ideally, it would be nice to use the EDL functionality for this (or
something like it).  My guess is that at this point, the only way would
be to poll the current position with -slave mode and send a command to
pause when the time exceeds the required value.

Any thoughts or pointers would be appreciated.

thanks,

morris