[MPlayer-users] Mplayer -chapter command

Alan 2big4mail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:31:37 CEST 2006

I want to see my DVD with mplayer, and everything all right, but
"-chapter" don't work correctly. And it's on all my DVD. The story that:
1) typing "mplayer -dvd-device d:\dvd dvd://1 -chapter 1" and everything
works. I looked for:
	There are 7 titles on this DVD.
	There are 27 chapters in this DVD title.
	There are 1 angles in this DVD title.
So, There are 27 chapters...
2) typing "mplayer -dvd-device d:\dvd dvd://1 -chapter 25". And...
mplayers very slowly load movie, but it's 1st chapter. Not 25.
3) Trying 20-27 chapters - the same result. Trying chapter 8 - and it's
8th chapter :) good :)
... about "There are 7 titles on this DVD." - that's wrong. It's about 1
title and 6 "broken" titles, BTW there are one movie in 1st title.
titles 2-6 contains 1 second black screen, and mplayer tryes to load
them very slowly... so on :)
is that a bug? or I do something wrong(with chapters)? I need chapters,
'cause have some problems with mencoder (they don't want to read
chapters too), so mencoder can't rip chapter 25, for example, 'cause
it's 1st chapter.

I use M$ Windows XP SP2 with Mplayer dev-SVN-r20328-4.1.1 builded with
gcc-4.1.1 myself.