[MPlayer-users] Mplayer -chapter command

Alan 2big4mail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:44:55 CEST 2006

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> I added support for -chapter in dvdnav:// 2 days ago; try and report,
> please.
> You could also try to configure mplayer with --disable-dvdnav
> --disable-mpdvdkit
> and use the external dvdread; does it work correctly?

I recompile mplayer from latest SVN revision (20457) but have the same
problem... chapter 20,21 or another after 20 don't want to open. I use
the same command, that earlier, and than use "mplayer -dvd-device d:\dvd
dvdnav://1 -chapter 20" - and that one don't work too. It prints:
	Playing dvdnav://1.
	File not found: '1'
	Failed to open dvdnav://1
Then I recompile it with --disable-dvdnav --disable-mpdvdkit flags in
configure script. Trying "mplayer -dvd-device d:\dvd dvd://1 -chapter
20". So "MPlayer was compiled without libdvdread support." and that's
all. "Unknown option on the command line: -chapter" also :)

what is dvdnav:// maybe I do it wrong?