[MPlayer-users] 1.0pre8-3.4.2: Windows streaming: size confirm mismatch while parsing chunk header

Georg Berger human-liberation at gmx.net
Thu Oct 26 15:50:49 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

mplayer is an ingenious piece of software. And I understand that it takes a lot of tuning for all different devices, protocols and data sources.
Nevertheless I bumped into the above error, changing command line parameters did not help. It displayed with an elder version, but that one crashed because it ate up all memory. The stream plays perfectly with "Windows Media Player".
Can someone give an advice how to make it possible receiving the stream? Thanks in advance!

Here is the logfile: Windows XP-Version
command line:
C:\Programme\mplayer\mplayer.exe -slave -identify -wid 393700 -colorkey
0x101010 -nokeepaspect -framedrop -autosync 100 -vf screenshot -font
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Arial.ttf -priority abovenormal -ao dsound:device=0
-autoq 10 -vf-add pp http://www.ramtha.com/ramthatv/asx/create_lg.asx

MPlayer 1.0pre8-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: mobile AMD Athlon (tm) 2000+     (Family: 6, Model: 8, Stepping: 1)
Compiled with runtime CPU detection.

Setting process priority: abovenormal
C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Arial.ttf doesn't look like a font description, ignoring.
Cannot load font: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Arial.ttf

Playing http://www.ramtha.com/ramthatv/asx/create_lg.asx.
STREAM_HTTP(1), URL: http://www.ramtha.com/ramthatv/asx/create_lg.asx
Resolving www.ramtha.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.ramtha.com[216.118.88.16]: 80...
STREAM_ASF, URL: http://www.ramtha.com/ramthatv/asx/create_lg.asx
Resolving www.ramtha.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.ramtha.com[216.118.88.16]: 80...
size_confirm mismatch!: 22611 28271
Error while parsing chunk header
Failed, exiting.
STREAM_HTTP(2), URL: http://www.ramtha.com/ramthatv/asx/create_lg.asx
Resolving www.ramtha.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server www.ramtha.com[216.118.88.16]: 80...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Exiting... (End of file)

Thanks again and have a great day everyone

Georg

--
GMX DSL-Flatrate 0,- Euro* - Überall, wo DSL verfügbar ist!
NEU: Jetzt bis zu 16.000 kBit/s! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl