[MPlayer-users] How to change subtitles color

Rickard Närström rickard.narstrom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 21:12:47 CEST 2006

torsdag 26 oktober 2006 20:29 skrev Pepe:
> Is it possible to change the subtitles' color?
>
> I can see the new 1.0rc1 has the option -ass-color.
> First of all, how can I convert a srt to SSA/ASS format?
>
> Second, does the -ass-color option really work? Because I tried to change
> the color but the subtitles are always white. Of course I used -ass too.

The color is given in 32-bit HEX RRGGBBTT

RR = Red
GG = Green
BB = Blue
TT = Transparency

So.. ffffff00 is white, 00000000 is black, ff000077 is semi-transparent red
etc.

Hmm... the man-page says RRGGGBBAA witch is wrong, the last value is
transparence value ie. FF is full transparency (no alpha) and 00 is no
trancparency (full alpha)