[MPlayer-users] Problem playing this wmv file

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Oct 29 03:11:50 CET 2006

xi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The picture is distorded when I try to play this file :
> http://xizard.free.fr/divers/problem.wmv
> (xine plays it fine)
>
> I am using MPlayer 1.0rc1.

That file plays back without distortion (beyond what I'd attribute to
just low bitrate) for me, using SVN revision 20450.

One difference which I see is that you were using the DirectShow codecs,
whereas I was using FFmpeg's WMV2 decoder. Try with '-vfm ffmpeg' and
see if it plays back correctly. (Personally, I have that in my config
file; cases where it's less appropriate than whatever would be normally
detected are IME rather rare.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.