[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Wrong audio channel mapping when playing WMV3/WMVHD files

Frank Aurich fa859178 at inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Oct 29 17:27:04 CET 2006

Hello,

When playing some (most) of the WMV-HD files provided at
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/musicandvideo/hdvideo/contentshowcase.aspx,
Mplayer doesn't get the channel order of the 6ch audio right.
The voice track is mapped to rear left (I wasn't able to figure out the mapping
of the other channels).

I tested these samples:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/1/c/61ca6316-a44f-46ef-9e8c-074c3dd813c0/To_The_Limit_720.exe
http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/9/d/09d051c4-decc-4d39-9c57-f520187213a1/Amazing_Caves_720.exe
http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/9/20907788-993F-4EF6-8D75-F0DD93207FB8/AdrenalineRush_720.exe
This file was particularily interesting: When playing in Mplayer, I heard a
french voice from rear left.
When using Media Player Classic, an English person spoke from the center.
AFAICT, the video has only one audio track.