[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 34, Issue 76

Joel Espinosa joel.espinosa at cts-design.com
Mon Oct 30 19:02:53 CET 2006

    Joel Espinosa wrote:

>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > I want to control mplayer trough a control file (a named pipe), I'm
>     > using mplayer to play streaming media but I cannot find how to obtain
>     > the streaming's information using slave-mode commands, I have readed the
>     > slave-mode protocol document but there's nothing iformation about that.
>     > Somebody has made something similar before?
>     >
>     > Best regards.
>     >
>     > ps. sorry for my english.

    Joel,

    I've written simple mplayer wrapper written in gtk. It uses the slave
    mode to get the progress of the media "get_percent_pos" and reads the
    answer 'ANS_PERCENT_POSITION'. Look in callbacks.c and look for the
    functions thread_query and thread_reader.

    Here is the website for it:

    http://dekorte.homeip.net/download/gnome-mplayer

    I've got some improvements for that app that I have not released yet,
    but they should be out in a couple of days.

    Kevin

    - --
    Get my public GnuPG key from
    http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=-1509369771935935023

Thanks a lot Kevin, that's will help me. Another question, I didn't found anything about how to get the streaming information like radio station, bitrate, current song playing, etc. the slave mode seems to have no commands for achieve that.

Best regards.

--
Ing. Joel Alejandro Espinosa Carra
Centro de Tecnolog¨ªa de Semiconductores

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.