[SPAM DETECT] Re: [MPlayer-users] Some problems with -ass subtitles

Evgeniy Stepanov eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 21:46:36 CET 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 02:03, Pepe wrote:
> > Anyway, try this patch. It should solve the problem, but the outlines
> > become a little ugly.
>
> I cannot compile it:
>
> libass/libass.a(ass_bitmap.o)(.text+0x167): In function
>
> `glyph_to_bitmap_internal':
> : undefined reference to `FT_Bitmap_Embolden'
>
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [mplayer] Error 1
>
> I'm using the sources from 1.0rc1.

It needs FreeType >= 2.1.10.

Actually, I have no idea why this happens. Maybe you have a modified version
of the font ? Compare it with the one in attachment.

It can also be a patched freetype. It would help if you compiled it from a
tarball from freetype.org, preferably the latest version. What distribution
are you using ?