[MPlayer-users] Full screen mode isn't actually full screen

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Sep 2 01:57:16 CEST 2006

Brian Dean wrote:

<snip>

Is there any reason why you not only did not attribute the quote but
snipped the attribution which was already there?

Also, since you quoted my .sig: please note the line consisting of "-- "
at the beginning of it. That is a standard .sig delimiter, and is
treated specially by many mail programs; although it's not essential, it
would be considered polite to put your own .sig behind one as well.

>>> Sorry if this seems stupid, but I downloaded the driver and it
>>> seems to have installed fine (I am running ATI Radeon 9200).  If
>>> I pull up the "Devide Manager" from the menu, I see the ATI
>>> driver listed there. But when I run glxinfo I still get "direst
>>> rendering: no"
>>
>> In addition to what the other responders have said: the first thing
>> that sprang to my mind when I saw this was the question "Have you
>> restarted X yet?". In my experience, a number of GL-related things
>> are initialized when X is started, and changing the underlying
>> files won't have a visible effect while the same X is still
>> running.
>
> I actually rebooted the computer.  It seems I still have the same
> problem that the "device manager" still sees the ATI Radeon 9200 card
> but glxinfo still says "direct rendering: no"

Ah, well. It was still a thought.

>> Making certain that the relevant modules, if any, are inserted
>> would also be a good idea (see 'lsmod').
>
> lsmod gives (amoung other things):
>

> binfmt_misc            12296  1
> rfcomm                 40216  0
> l2cap                  26244  5 rfcomm
> bluetooth              49892  4 rfcomm,l2cap
> ppdev                   9220  0
> radeon                116000  1
> drm                    73236  2 radeon

Only those last two seem likely to be relevant. The fact that they're
there is a good thing, but it does look like another dead end.

>> --
>>        The Wanderer
>
> Your name isn't Bill Devos by any chance is it?

Nope.

There are enough "Wanderer"s around the Internet that I've had to come
up with quite a variety of fallback names to use where my own is already
taken. I'm known in various places as Identity, InverseParadox, Alias
Bongo, and Catholic Bear - that last being a roughly triple-layered
reference, which very few people are likely to get without explanation.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.