[MPlayer-users] Mplayer: edit mp3

Pete Jones Peter.L.Jones at cern.ch
Fri Sep 8 11:37:08 CEST 2006

Hello

It is possible to make some editing with mplayer using the edl option on
mp3s.

mplayer -edl test.edl myfile.avi

I would like to edit some mp3 audio files. I get an error if I try the
above on a mp3 file as I guess the edl option is meant for videos only.

I have some mp3 files and I want to cut off some minutes from the start
cut off everything after say 40 minutes.

I have used audacity to edit and this works wll but takes some time. I
know in advance where I want to edit so I would ideally do this from a
command line script.

Can someone suggest how I can do this?

Many thanks in advance