[MPlayer-users] Experimental DVDNav: little help?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Mon Sep 18 18:45:15 CEST 2006

Mplayer is a fantastic software package.  I set out to remedy its sole
shortcoming, failure to natively handle DVD menus, by installing the
dvdnav patch marked 'experimental' and linked to from the mplayer
homepage, here:

http://dcxx.fw.hu/

I downloaded the latest source (pre8), applied the patches (some had to be
manually applied; details available if interest) and behold! When I run
'mplayer dvdnav://' I get the dvd menu! kudos!

The only problem: what do I do with it?  The mouse buttons don't work, and
I couldn't find any keybindings that allow me to select from the menu
options.  Having DVD menu support doesn't seem to be particularly useful
if the user cannot interact with the menu.

Forgive me if this is a vague question, but is there something I've missed
here?  I didn't apply the gui patch since I never run with the gui (also,
that patch was labeled as 'optional').. is there some other way to
interact with the menu, or to bind keys to the menu interface?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon