[MPlayer-users] IS SMP support for X264 decoding possible

Tue Sep 19 00:08:41 CEST 2006

Hi Steven Ellis!

 On 2006.09.19 at 09:34:18 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote next:

> Does anyone know if
>
> 1. x265 support SMP decode
>
> 2. How to enable it in MPlayer
>
> I have some test 1080i h264 files that currently flatline a single cpu,
> but should decode well if I could use all of a dual core.

Haven't checked it (though soon I'll have to solve the same problem),
but you should try -lavdopts threads=2. Actually, please post here if it
helps, I'm really interested in that.

If it won't help, you should try -lavdopts skiploopfilter=bidir. Also
try recompiling mplayer with -O2 if you are using gcc4, or wait for
official ffmpeg patch (read ffmpeg-devel for details).

--

Vladimir