[MPlayer-users] Multiple undefined reference, I don't know what to do.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Sep 19 01:25:13 CEST 2006

RokleToR FuRy wrote:

> Hi to all, first, congratulations by this great MPlayer. I have been
> using it for a year without no problem. Recently I changed to Debian
> Sid (before Debian Sarge) and the problemas began. When compiling I
> do not have problems, but doing "make" I obtain an error

This is contradictory; running 'make' is what starts the compile. Did
you mean "when configuring"?

> and it appear multiple messages (undefined reference). I have looked
> for by all the network without solution :-(. Excuse my english, I am
> learning little by little :D.
>
> Error when doing "make" is:

<snip somewhat lengthy list of mostly-FFmpeg-related missing symbols>

> I have installed the next library: libavcodec-dev, libavcodec0d,
> libavformat-dev, libavformat0d, libpostproc0d, libpostproc-dev, but
> nothing :-(.

Most of this would probably be because MPlayer does not use external
FFmpeg - in other words, installing libav* packages does you no good at
all unless some other program wants them. You have to have copies of the
libav* source directories inside your MPlayer source tree.

Where are you getting your MPlayer sources from? Most of the possible
means of obtaining it should, AFAIR, provide you with the relevant
directories automatically... but it's been long enough since I've had to
set up an MPlayer tree from scratch that perhaps I've forgotten something.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.