[MPlayer-users] Theora in Matroska doesn't work

m.kibou at gmail.com m.kibou at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 02:02:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I remuxed a theora/vorbis ogg into mkv (with mkvmerge 1.7.0) and mplayer
(r19794) couldn't output the video.
It does, however, print out this:

[mkv] Unknown/unsupported CodecID (V_THEORA) or missing/bad CodecPrivate data (track 1).

Rathann already pointed out on IRC that it looks like it is a missing feature
in the mkv demuxer and I should report it on the mailing lists. So here we go
(it took a couple of days though, sorry).

I also uploaded a short sample file to incoming.

- M. S.

-- verbose mplayer output attached