[MPlayer-users] Cannot play MPEG files !!

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Wed Sep 20 20:25:05 CEST 2006

Dnia środa, 20 września 2006 17:38, Kevin Williams napisał:
> I've been trying a play a movie file I downloaded from the internet.
> Mplayer, keeps busy and doesn't respond for sometime. I can see the drive
> activity continuously, suggesting that MPlayer is trying to read the file
> or so. After sometime, I see the video screen slip into view for a brief
> second and then, MPlayer GUI reappears as if nothing was played.

> MPEG Stream reached EOF
> ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)

> Exiting... (End of file)

> This same thing happens witht he other videos I downloaded.
> I don't understand what is going on. Any help would be highly apreciated.

Mayby it's not a solution but... EOF means end of file, so that file you
downloaded isn't a correct audio or/and video. It has a codename: "fake". I
noticed that some of new audio files are fakes too, mayby dl files that are
confirmed about that what they are contains. Sorry, you can only delete that
file.
--
Don't blame me if I'm not right, I'm only human.

Piotr Stachura