[MPlayer-users] Autocrop Feature Request

Daniel Manjarres danmanj2 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 23:01:00 CEST 2006

On 9/23/06, RC <rcooley at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 00:54:58 +0900 (JST)
> Jonathan Nelson <ourfateisninja at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
>
> > I recently bought a 16:10 wide monitor, and I've found the
> > autocrop feature of mplayer very useful
>
> MPlayer doesn't have any "autocrop" feature.

Sure it does, it's just called cropdetect ;-)

But now that there is activity here, let me post the latest version of the
script I wrote back in July to handle this situation. And a pre-emptive note
to anybody who tries the script and finds it doesn't work for them: make
sure the aspect ratio of your monitor is set correctly, and that mplayer is
correctly detecting the aspect ratio of the file you are playing. If either
of those 2 things is wrong there's nothing I can do to fix it with my script
(aside from the extreme cases where I assume files are 4:3 if they have
aspect ration <=1, because of a shtload of such files on youtube).

Daniel Manjarres