[MPlayer-users] mencode perfect rip

Peter Gavin pgavin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 17:42:36 CEST 2006

On 9/24/06, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the command to copy the original mpeg as it was originally
> muxed?  That's what I'd like to do.  For now I'd like no subtitles,
> English audio, stereo mix if available, and uncompressed/unconverted
> audio and video.

Umm, if you want the original mpeg as it was originally muxed, you
can't pick and choose which substreams you want.  To do that, you'd
have to remux it.  As someone else mentioned,  mplayer -dumpstream
dvd://1 -dumpfile movie-title.vob is the closest you'll get.  You get
every angle, audio language, and subtitle like this though.

Pete