[MPlayer-users] mencode perfect rip

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Mon Sep 25 03:18:53 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 06:19:24PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:42:36AM -0400, Peter Gavin wrote:
>
> However some of the higher level dvd structure is lost. If you want a
> "perfect" copy of the dvd, use the 'vobcopy' program or similar which
> can rip an exact (except decrypted) image of the whole dvd filesystem.
> If what you want is a "perfect encode" than you need to read the
> encoding guide. If what you want is a "perfect remux" with just the
> selected tracks, etc., then AFAIK there is no existing tool for the
> job. MEncoder is a very bad tool for this, in any case.

Mplayer can dump just the video track as well as indvidual audio tracks. See the -dumpvideo and -dumpaudio options.

mplex (part of Mpged tools) can mux the video and audio tracks back together.  Sadly, I don't know of a program to mux in the Vob format subtibles into an mpeg file.  If someone can point me to such a tool, I'd be most grateful.