[MPlayer-users] Problems capturing from analogue source

Alessandro Di Rubbo evanescenti at graffiti.net
Mon Sep 25 15:56:56 CEST 2006

Hello,
I'm trying to capture and encode some PAL VHS videos, originally recorded using videotape-based camcorders, with a VCR, a capture card (bttv) and MEncoder (1.0pre8-3.3.5).
While I've encontered no problem with some of them, I'm not able to get good digital videos from the others: a lot of duplicate frames cause juddering videos (I hope 'juddering' is the right word). I've noticed nothing strange watching those videos with tvtime ( http://tvtime.sourceforge.net ) or connecting the VCR to my TV set. What is the problem? Thanks.

Alessandro Di Rubbo