[MPlayer-users] bugs in MPlayer-1.0pre8

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 25 22:05:36 CEST 2006

Uwe Bugla wrote:

>Somewhere in a lib-directory a transformed dvbstream-engine for DVB playback is envolved (ported by some "Nico" or so - I guess the directory is called libdvb or so - see yourself!). I guess this should be updated to the latest version 0.6.

libdvb is a package distributed by Metzler brothers, but it never had
anything to do with
dvbstream or mplayer. I don't know what made you believe that mplayer
ever used it

>Perhaps I do not have any problems anyymore then by equally playing a DVB stream and record it at the same time. With xine engine solutions I do not have any problems, but the in-built dvbstream code (version 0.4) in 1.0pre7try2 seems to be too fast to ensure playback and recording at the same time. This is a real pity, isn´t it???

may I know what package of mplayer you are using? I'd like to give a
look at the sources

>>>- the configure script of MPlayer still looks for DVB /dev/ost- devices
>>>which are definitely stonehenge since October 2002.
>>>

>>That's not an error nor a bug.
>>

>But these oldstruct drivers are completely obsolete since October 2002!!!!
>Even if people use DVB Kernel 2.4 there are so called newstruct drivers available for every supported DVB card that is sold somewhere in the world, and that since October 2002!!! FOUR YEARS!! So there is definitely no reason at all to carry around this reactionary rubbish for some absolutely senseless "downward compatibility" reason!!!

reactionary my arse.
As long as people like Arpi ask me to keep support for those drivers the
code will stay in