[MPlayer-users] mencode perfect rip

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Sep 26 02:25:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:07:34AM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Peter Gavin wrote:
>
> >On 9/25/06, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> >
> >>These options are for _debugging_ _only_. They do not in general
> >>output valid streams!! Also, all the timestamps are lost making it
> >>impossible to remux correctly.
> >
> >It would be nice if the man page said as much.
>
> I suspect that it is considered to be implied by the use of the
> adjective "raw". However, it perhaps wouldn't hurt to be more explicit.

I suggested this text while discussing it on irc:

"Depending on the source file format and codec, this option may
produce a valid stream, a seemingly-valid but marginally corrupt
stream, or a completely unusable stream. It is intended ONLY FOR
DEBUGGING. Any other use is unsupported."

Sound ok?

Rich