[MPlayer-users] Re: mplayer command line for picture quality

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 06:39:29 CEST 2006

> I finally have my new system up and running on my 32" LCD TV.  It's an
> AMD Sempron64 1.6Ghz (overclocked to 2.2Ghz), 512MB DDR800 RAM, a
> 128MB GeForce 6200, and a 320GB 3.0GB/s hard drive.  It's running
> Gentoo.
>
> This is mainly a DVD watching machine.  What command would you
> recommend to crank mplayer's picture quality way up?  I know there
> isn't a single perfect command for this, but what would you try for
> Star Wars?  I'm using this right now:
>
> mplayer dvd://1 -vf scale=1360:768 -sws 10 -fs
>
> Also, I'm only able to get -vo x11 to work right now.  I should be
> able to use xv and vidix (I think), so I'm updating the system to see
> if that helps.
>
> - Grant

I got xv working by specifying the extmod module in xorg.conf, and now
and I'm using the following command:

mplayer dvd://1 -monitoraspect 16:9 -fs

since it seems to scale on its own with xv.

mplayer is compiled with nvidia support.  Will it automatically put
the nvidia driver to use when it's using xv?

- Grant