[MPlayer-users] mplayer amd64 quicktime 1920 x 1080p audio not in sync

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Apr 2 19:15:29 CEST 2007

HI All,

I have a 1920x1080p monitor with amd64 3000+ CPU.
I am using mplayer rc1.
I am playing a pirates of the Caribbean  quicktime 1920x1080p  trailer.

When playing the trailer I do not get audio and video sync.

I tried adding the "-autosync 30" and it helped a little but not great
and still noticable.
At this point I did not see any errors about syncing or frame errors or
anything.

I then added -framedrop and the audio syncs up with the video but there
are NOTICEABLE
jerks in the video.

I also see with -framedrop many errors on the console about "error while
decoding frame".

Is quicktime codec not fully supported under 64 bits?
Any ideas on how to run this so the playback is smooth?

Jerry