[MPlayer-users] rdt chunk not recognized when rtsp streaming

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Apr 2 23:39:34 CEST 2007

Mark Bartlett wrote:

> Hi All!
> First thanks for any help you can give in advance.
> I am having trouble reading rtsp streams and getting these errors
> after which the stream quits:
> rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x4f
> rdt chunk not recognized: got 0x2a
> Any recommendation of what to do?
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> Info on my mplayer:
> MPlayer dev-SVN-r19666-4.0.2 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team

This is more than 3000 revisions old, from early November of last year.
Please update.

Although there is no guarantee that updating will make it Work, even
people running code less than a week old have sometimes posted about a
problem only to be told "svn update, it's been fixed". For code six
months old, it's definitely worth checking the latest.

For what it's worth: on my system (running the slightly old r22703), it
hangs at the exact point where your first "rdt chunk not recognized"
message appears, and does not appear to progress or to time out in a
reasonable time.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.