[MPlayer-users] Thoughts on "pre-decoding" of compressed sound?I

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Apr 3 11:54:10 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:02:42 -0700
"Richard Bromley" <rbromley256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I play DVDs with Dolby Digital sound, I nearly always observe
> framedrops occurring periodically, typically with moderate to high
> frequency, and with short but noticeable intervals.

If it's a CPU issue, you should notice "top" showing your system near
100% while playing.  Adding -framedrop should smoth things over.

If it's a soundcard issue, you should try a different srate, different
ao method, or a different card.  Besides autosync, you could also try
-mc 0/0.001/1/10.

Others certainly aren't having the same problem as you, and you haven't
provided any info that would allow anyone to help you.