[MPlayer-users] Re: -vo xv with bpp 16 unsupported?

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Tue Apr 10 05:29:40 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 07:32:26PM -0700, RC wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:20:08 -0400
> Robert Henney <robh at rut.org> wrote:
>

> > X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>
> Sounds like an OLD X.org bug.

indeed.  Just now I looked for and found that someone else had reported
it in debians bug tracker back in december.  unfortunatly the debian
maintainer for xorg seems to have been trigger happy at the time and
closed the report with what I see as a bogus reason of "a configuration
issue", even at the insistence of the reporter that no changes had been
made to the configuration (and which I can now back up).  ah debian,
you've fallen so far.

I suppose that since it is easily reproducible here that I should take a
look and see if I can't track down the bug myself and submit a patch
upstream.  Of course that'll be sometime after I find time for the other
more major (crashing) xorg bug I ran across that also doesn't seem to be
getting any attention but that I can also easily reproduce.