[MPlayer-users] Encode HD to lower resolution to play without "your system is too SLOW"

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 10 15:37:51 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 04:31:43PM +0400, Dmitry Antipov wrote:
>  Hans du Plooy wrote:
> > Forgive me for asking the obvious question, but are you sure your
> > graphics drivers are installed and working properly?
>
>  As I understand, audio/video drivers isn't important here since
>  postprocessing
>  and rendering isn't involved at all if '-ao null -vo null' is specified.
>  I.e. CPU power isn't enough even to decode the picture (with real-time
>  speed).

with -vo null it's no problem on Athlon64 3200+ (running at 1.8GHz).
P4 architecture sucks, but not that much, please provide the _full_
MPlayer output. If you didn't compile yourself you quite likely have a
crappily made or outdated binary.
For playback with a vo "-lavdopts skiploopfilter=nonref" is sufficient
and the effect should hardly be visible.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger