[MPlayer-users] how do i rip a dvd?

Dave Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Wed Apr 11 23:04:04 CEST 2007

Another consideration to make is the container that the audio, video, subtitles, etc are going to be placed in.  For example, there is avi, mpg, mkv, etc.  I settled on mkv because it allows alot of features similar to directly watching the dvd disc.

When ripping audio, if you don't need compression, leave the native .ac3 format.

If you are interested I have some scripts that I built (and one that I borrowed) to do the ripping of a dvd based on a small amount of passed criteria.  Let me know.

Dave

ironfuscia <ironfuscia at gmail.com> wrote: On 4/11/07, Alexander Roalter  wrote:

> ironfuscia wrote:
> >>>

> >> forget what I wrote, this was targeted for copying an entire DVD.
> >>
> >> i don't think i've ever been so accurately quoted. anyway, i was
> looking
> > to copy the entire dvd, so i'll give it a shot and see what happens.
>
> Sorry for that, I missed the first line with your name in it, as I
> wanted to trash only my musings from above :)

i thought it was funny.