[MPlayer-users] Re: amrnb and amrwb?

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 14 18:19:39 CEST 2007

Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
> > In the Message;

Subject    : RE: [MPlayer-users] amrnb and amrwb?>
Date & Time: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:06:33 -0400
> > [John] == John Brown <johnbrown105 at hotmail.com> has written:
> > John> The directories *must* be called amr_float and amrwb_float. Also,
> John> try following the instructions in comments at the top of libavcodec/amr.c
> John> instead of installing the amrnb-devel package for SUSE.

> > Of course. I read the top of amr.c.
> I couldn't pass amrnb part without installing amrnb-devel package for SUSE.
> > In fact, in the amr.c. it is written as follows;
> > #include <amrnb/interf_dec.h>
> #include <amrnb/interf_enc.h>
> [...]
> #include <amrwb/enc_if.h>
> #include <amrwb/dec_if.h>
> #include <amrwb/if_rom.h>

I am using svn 22979 (not sure what date, but configure is dated
April 11) on Windows. My libavcodec/amr.c contains:
#ifdef CONFIG_AMR_NB_FIXED...
#else
#include "amr_float/interf_dec.h"
#include "amr_float/interf_enc.h"
#endif

and

#ifdef CONFIG_AMR_WB...
#include "amrwb_float/enc_if.h"
#include "amrwb_float/dec_if.h"...
#endif

MPlayer's configure script checks for the AMR codecs using commands
like:

if test -f libavcodec/amr_float/sp_dec.c ; then

and

if test -f libavcodec/amrwb_float/dec_dtx.c ; then

My list of enabled codecs in the configure output shows amr_wb and
amr_nb, and I can play .3gp files with video and audio working.
Perhaps something has changed in the most recent svn. I will try it
and let you know.