[MPlayer-users] Re: trying to convert MJPEG

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:01:49 CEST 2007

Steve Kleene wrote:
> > I'm working with a video file (lizard.avi) from an older digital camera.  It
> has uncompressed PCM audio and motion JPEG video.  It plays fine with
> mplayer.  I am trying to re-encode it with
mencoder...
> > What I'd like to do is the following:
> > mencoder lizard.avi -oac twolame \
>   -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video:vbitrate=2000:mbd=2:trell \
>   -of rawvideo -o output.mpg
> [cut]
> The encoding fails with:
> >   ae_twolame, 1 audio channel, forcing mono mode

twolame_get_samplerate_index: 11024 is not a legal sample rate
>   Not a valid samplerate: 11024

Apologies to the list. I sent at least one e-mail (not to the list)
without experiencing the new-line problem, so I thought that it had
sorted itself out.

try adding -twolameopts br=128 -srate 44100 -af lavcresample=44100.
Since it is mono, you can probably use a lower bitrate and sample
rate without affecting how it sounds.

twolame --help will give you a lot of
information about legal sample rates and legal bitrates for each
supported sample rate.