[MPlayer-users] trying to convert MJPEG

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sun Apr 15 22:09:36 CEST 2007

Steve Kleene wrote:
> I'm working with a video file (lizard.avi) from an older digital camera.  It
> has uncompressed PCM audio and motion JPEG video.  It plays fine with
> mplayer.  I am trying to re-encode it with mencoder.

personally I use for same purpose transcoding to xvid (mind the option
-srate 11025)

mencoder input.avi -o output.xvd.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr -srate
11025 -noskip -ovc xvid -xvidencopts fixed_quant=5:max_bframes=1:autoaspect

and under xp could be usefull a .bat file to drag and drop the file to:
mencoder %1 -o %1.xvd.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr -srate 11025
-noskip -ovc xvid -xvidencopts fixed_quant=5:max_bframes=1:autoaspect

cheers daniele