[MPlayer-users] trying to convert MJPEG

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Sun Apr 15 23:59:20 CEST 2007

> These lavc settings have produced files that play under XP when I have copied
> from DVDs.  For some reason when I use them to reencode the AVI file from the
> digital camera, they fail.  The original AVI plays anyway.  I was just hoping
> to reduce its size by doing the video encoding with something better than
> MJPEG.

this command line (or batch file) works for me and profuce a easily
playable mpg1/ac3 stream

mencoder input.avi -of lavf -lavfopts
format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac
lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=224 -af lavcresample=44100 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=327:keyint=15:vrc_maxrate=4000:vbitrate=2500:vmax_b_frames=0
-o output.mpg