[MPlayer-users] trying to convert MJPEG

info at danielerossi.net info at danielerossi.net
Mon Apr 16 23:33:22 CEST 2007

>  to a smaller file that will still play on XP.  The above two-pass commands
>  make a file that has good audio but defective video in XP.]
>
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:09:36 +0200, info at danielerossi.net wrote:
>

>> personally I use for same purpose transcoding to xvid (mind the option
>> -srate 11025)
>>
>> mencoder input.avi -o output.xvd.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr -srate
>> 11025 -noskip -ovc xvid -xvidencopts fixed_quant=5:max_bframes=1:autoaspect
>>

> Thanks.  This did in fact give a much smaller file that played well in
> Windows Media Player (WMP).  In Windows Movie Maker (WMM), though, it was
> mysteriously split into four clips on import.  The original lizard.avi was
> not split.  Unfortunately, my relatives need me to give them this in WMM.

Sure is a setting in windows movie maker. I wonder witch one, but i
don't use the program. Mind you should probably have
xvid installed on the system you use for editing. I suggest you to check
settings and eventually to use am other video codec such as wmv:

-of lavf -lavfopts i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=wmv1:acodec=mp3

An other option is that the audio stream give you this problem: try to
ad -af lavcresample=48000
> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 23:59:20 +0200, info at danielerossi.net wrote:
>

>> this command line (or batch file) works for me and profuce a easily
>> playable mpg1/ac3 stream
>>
>> mencoder input.avi -of lavf -lavfopts
>> format=mpg:i_certify_that_my_video_stream_does_not_use_b_frames -oac
>> lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=224 -af lavcresample=44100 -ovc lavc
>> -lavcopts
>> vcodec=mpeg1video:vrc_buf_size=327:keyint=15:vrc_maxrate=4000:vbitrate=2500:vmax_b_frames=0
>> -o output.mpg
>>

> This gave me a file that had no sound even in mplayer.  In WMP, there was no
> sound and blotches of color.
very strange. For me it works fairly good. Try to make a pipe to encode
(mplayer --> mencoder) just to be sure you are not using the wrong decoder.