[MPlayer-users] mplayer and aalib

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 00:34:52 CEST 2007

Markus Laux wrote:

> hi,
>
>>> so what can i do next?
>>
>> You can follow directions.  I requested that you run configure
>> without any --enable options at all, then read the aalib section.
>> You didn't do that.
>
> my last mail to you, so start reading carefully! i already wrote
> twice that i compiled mplayer without any options!

You wrote that you had done that first, and that the resulting MPlayer
did not have AA support. We infer that the autodetection did not detect
your copy of the relevant library. However, what we are currently trying
to do is figure out *why* configure did not detect the library, and
therefore we are asking you to do certain things to be able to provide
us useful information.

> after that i read and posted the aalib-section

Which 'AAlib section'? The one from when you had configured with
'--enable-aalib', or the one from when you had left that option out?

The latter is the one we need. As you saw, the one from configuring with
the --enable option reports only "yes", because no autodetection was
run. In order to figure out why autodetection is failing, we need to see
the log of what happens when it fails.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.