[MPlayer-users] Re: Default subtitle font

José Filipe jofivigo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:49:19 CEST 2007

Vladimir Mosgalin <mosgalin <at> VM10124.spb.edu> writes:

> Why don't you try subfont-autoscale=2 with corresponding text-scale
> parameters? It solves the problem with widescreen (I always wondered why
> autoscale is 1 by default, 2 seems to be much saner setting).
>
> I'm using
>
> subfont-autoscale = 2
> subfont-osd-scale = 5
> subfont-text-scale = 4
> font = Arial
> fontconfig = on

That gives good results but I have some widescreen movies that get incredibly
small subtitles.

Examples:

http://xs414.xs.to/xs414/07164/shot0001.jpg
http://xs414.xs.to/xs414/07164/shot0002.jpg

One way to go around it is by using an alias: mplayer_ws.
The alias is: mplayer -vf expand=0:-20:0:0,eq2=1.2 -subfont-text-scale 6

Still, I would like to have a configuration that would work without resorting to
the alias.