[MPlayer-users] Prevent playback on fullscreen toggle

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 23 22:38:01 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Apr 23, 2007 at 07:39:49PM +0200, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Joey Parrish, 23.04.2007 17:56:
> > On 4/23/07, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net> wrote:
> >> One question which bugged me for a long time is the following: how to I prevent
> >> Mplayer from continuing playback when I toggle fullscreen on or off? It's
> >> annoying always having to press [p] immediately after having pressed [f] so that
> >> pause remains pause.
> >
> > Yes, rebind the key in your input config to give the command
> > "pausing_keep vo_fullscreen" instead of just "vo_fullscreen".
>
> Ah, thanks that worked. So this is really a feature and not a bug? I???m asking
> because I know no other media player who behaves like this.

It was a missing feature originally, and the behaviour also wasn't
changed because it still does not behave quite right, every time you
toggle fullscreen the video will advance one frame (not other way in
general to redraw the image in fullscreen) and if you do that often you
will probably have massive A-V desync for a few seconds after unpausing.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger