[MPlayer-users] smooth looping

paul paradiso paulparadiso at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 17:44:48 CEST 2007

Hello,
I am sure that this question has been asked before on this list, but I have
been unable to find a solution, so my apologies.  I am desperately trying to
find a way to smooth the looping in mplayer.  I have read that moving the
-loop 0  to after the after the  filename  will prevent  mplayer from
closing and  reopening each time it loops. But I have had limited luck with
this.  It might be working a little but every few loops there is a flash of
black. This is for public display so the appearance is relatively critical.
If anyone has any advice as to how to achieve this, it would be very much
appreciated.

many thanks,
Paul